Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

See The Light - Tiffany Window - A Mosaic Review

Have you wanting to incorporate Art into your homeschool?  Maybe you already do Art and you are looking for something new, easier to understand, better, or Biblical?  See The Light may be just what you need!  As part of the Mosaic Reviews team, I was asked to try and review See The Light - an Art class & project option that is just what our homeschool needed.  I chose to try Tiffany Window in the style of Louis Comfort Tiffany.  The project is on one DVD and is broken up into 4 lessons with  Pat Holt teaching the class.


I loved that we could play each lesson and pause it along the way as needed.  I would say each lesson took us about 30 minutes or so to watch.  After watching the lesson - we would do as instructed.  It took is a bit longer to do the artwork and that was OK with me!  We really did take our time.  With each lesson,  Pat Holt would tie in a Bible scripture and not only read aloud the passage, but also explain what it had to do with what we were learning (I say we, because I followed right along with my children and loved it).

So we started with Lesson 1 (of course):  Planning your composition,  Drawing & sketching our flowers

Ready with our supplies!
Beginning to sketch
First part of final sketch

We started with a rose and ended up drawing another bunch of flowers because, I'll admit, we had a very hard time with the rose.  I do NOT suggest learning to draw a rose as your first attempt at drawing. 

Previously, it has been very hard to get my youngest son interested in anything having to do with art, while my daughter loves ALL things art.  See The Light did a great job at bringing my son's interest level up and letting him see that he could do this.

We followed through with Lesson 2 which was learning all about the Rule of Thirds (new concept to us all).  Not many pictures from Lesson 2 because we felt like we did a good job with our sketches and didn't make many changes.

Lesson 3:  Color Theory with marker techniques on flower, stem and background shapes (the really fun part!)

Just beginning to color and learn color techniques

A work in progress

See how much our flowers changed?  But, that was OK!

My daughter working intently!


Lesson 3 took us the longest to complete.  We spent quite a bit of time getting our colors as we wanted them and making sure everything was done correctly.  My children added their own touches which was great to see.  We had fun with this lesson!

Lesson 4:  Completed Masterpiece - The stained glass window effect

All colored in

Finishing coloring

Beginning of Lesson 4

Adding our stained glass window style

Almost complete!

The dog wanted to help

Completed Masterpieces and their Artists!


What fun!  Not only did we create this art together - we learned so much in the process!  My mother was an artist and taught me a lot about art, but I still learned quite a bit from this See The Light Art Project.  My son learned that he CAN draw and enjoy it.  My daughter learned a number of things she didn't know and loved the completed project SO much that she posted it on her Instagram and sent it to all of her friends.  I would say this was a complete success.

If you are looking for an Art Class or Art Projects for you or your children - I certainly recommend See The Light

There are many purchasing options for the Art Projects -
You can also buy the Art Projects separately for $14.99 each -
  • Tiffany Window
  • Repeated Sweets
  • Paper Jungle
  • Pointillism Fruit
  • Poppy Collage
  • Dreams of Joseph
  • Horsing Around
  • Peaceful Seas
  • Sunflowers
  • Cartooning
Another option is to buy the Art Class (many different options) or Bible Stories.  Head on over to the pages to see all of your choices!

If you would like to contact the company you can do so on their  Contact page.  You can also email them at:  See the Light Information.

Would you like to read other Mosaic Reviews?


0 comments:

Post a Comment